1) To create a new post in the Collaboratory, go to a Group homepage (if you want to share something with that group) OR the Feed page (if you want to share something with the whole Collaboratory).
2) Look for the Share box. Enter the title (subject) and text of your message, attach an image or file if you wish, and then click Share Post.
Where Your Posts Display
By default, all posts will be displayed in the area where they were created. So if you create a post on the Feed page, it will be shared with the Community group, which is the default group that all users are added to when they register. If you create a post within a Group, then your post will be shared in that Group's feed.
If you want your post to appear in multiple places/groups, you can choose the additional group(s) you would like to share with by clicking on the Add Groups link near the bottom of the Share box.
Only one attachment is allowed per post. An attachment can be an image, a file or a video. To attach something to your post, click on the Attach an image, video or file link in the lower-right corner of the box. Clicking on this link will bring up a file browser on your computer. Double-click on the file you want to attach, then proceed as you would with a normal post.
Remember to Use Tags!
Tags make it easy to find related content, so remember to add tags that are relevant to your post. To add tags, start typing in the Add Tags text field. A list of suggested tags will display below the field.
- If you see an existing tag that's related to your post, add it by clicking on it.
- If you don't see an existing tag that matches what you're searching for, you can create a new tag by just typing it in the field.
- You can use multiple tags, but just be sure to separate each tag with a comma.